Monthly Archives: September 2010
a final September list
1. Why do I blog?
First, to record the finer details of my daily life, and secondly, to share those experiences with the people I love. Should anyone outside of my circle also find something of interest, that’s just God at work through the smaller things of life. And I’m happy to be useful in His plan.
2. Three of my best memories include…
my dual trips to Chicago in 2000, discovering an online community of like-minded women in the early days of the Internet experience, and holding the first boy during the half hour immediately after his birth.
3. The thing I love best about myself is…
that I have survived my past and still remember the powerful lessons I was taught along the journey.
4. The best thing about being a woman is…
being able to fully and publicly experience my emotions without being judged by subjective societal mores.
5. An unique and interesting fact about me is…
I rarely cook and don’t have any confidence in my ability, but during my senior year of high school I won the top two prizes in the foods competition at the county fair. To this day, I can make a near-perfect meringue pie, but practically anything else requires three times longer in the kitchen than it should.
6. Three things I never want to live without are…
a quick way to contact the members of my family, the ability to read and write, and my sense of taste.
7. Four of the best fiction books I’ve ever read include…
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon, and The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.
8. Five of the best movies ever made that I also love are….
The Natural, To Kill A Mockingbird, Lord of the Rings (choose your favorite), The Matrix, and Inception.
9. If I could change my name it would be…
Cerri Alexandra, pronounced with a hard ‘C’ as in “Carrie.” I’d go by Andra, for short.
10. If I could experience a “Freaky Friday” incident, I would like to change places with…
actor Beth Riesgraf during a filming day on Leverage. For one, she gets to do the coolest stunts, and second, she seems to be experiencing a fantastic period of her life right now. And both things would be pretty cool.
a few of the things I’d like to do in this life
1. travel throughout the world and write about the experience
2. visit every major league ballpark
3. see a musical on Broadway
4. return to Chicago and share my favorite sites with a friend
5. parachute from an airplane
6. learn to shoot a pistol on target
7. learn to throw a curveball
8. gather family recipes into a book
9. take a fly-fishing trip
10. read 25 titles from the list of 100 Best Books
11. write my life stories
12. try bungee jumping
13. learn to play golf
14. take a zip line canopy tour
15. make a heritage scrapbook and print a copy for each family
16. take a whale-watching cruise
17. learn to make tamales
18. see a Cirque du Soleil show
19. see Blue Man Group
20. learn to play chess
things I can do well
1. writing, grammar and spelling
2. extreme attention to detail
3. see beyond the surface
4. read personalities
5. create highly personal gifts
6. remember in great detail most things I read
7. remember detailed dreams after waking
8. recall names of actors and movies and TV series
9. plan and organize (when I choose to do it)