Readathon Mid-Event Update
- What are you reading right now? I’m 10 chapters into Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang, which was my most anticipated book to read this event. So far, so good!
- How many books have you read so far? Weeeeelllll…. just one middle-grade book completed so far: From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg. It seems that my revelation to not worry over my tendencies for a late start (#5 on this list) has been kinda working against me. Not only did I sleep in past the starting point, but I finished only 75% of my first book and took a 2-hour nap! I think I’ll need to find a happy medium next spring. LOL
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Interestingly, I’m now excited for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. That Kirsten is a great encourager!
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I have totally just interrupted my own stupid self. My solution? Not to worry and not to beat myself up. Just. Keep. Reading.
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? For myself, it’s how little time I’ve been spending in the community aspect. I think I’ve chosen the right books to keep me engaged without needing or wanting breaks, but I do miss the Twitter-fest. I’m feeling a bit alone in my reading this time, although it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Just different than usual.
Heading back to Zhang’s book now. It’s very, very good, and I’m loving the quick, short chapters. It makes the reading go so very fast!
source of background image used in above graphic: vuv on Tumblr