24 Hour Readathon :: Away We Go!
And here we are again! Despite the lack of movement on this here blog, life is happening offline, and today is one of my favorite days of the year. It’s Readathon time again!
For the next 24 hours (give or take), I’ll be reading and participating in this biannual event that spans the globe. This is my 8th time to participate, and I’ve found that the devoted reading time – while truly awesome – is only a small part of what makes this event so much fun. Rather, it’s the community of readers who are joining me. From now until 7:00 Sunday morning (Texas time), hundreds of us will be sharing our thoughts about chosen titles on blogs and Twitter and Facebook and YouTube (BookTubers are awesome!). We’ll be sharing the experience in a public way, partly as a testament to the power of reading and partly as a celebration of community. It’s an incredible experience to read along with others, and these 24 hours are always full of joy and friendship. No matter what else is happening in my challenging life, I always make time for Readathon.
Today you can follow me on Twitter @phreneticmind (note the new username), where I’ll post updates as I read, and here on phrenetical, where I’ll make the occasional post for readathon challenges. It’s a day of celebration, people! Can you join us? Check out Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon to share in the frivolity. I promise, you won’t be disappointed!
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m settled into my parents’ RV again this time, but back at home base in McKinney, Texas
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? This is always a tough one, and this time I picked up a stack from the library specifically for readathon. But I’ve been thinking a lot about The Dinner by Herman Koch, so that’s probably the one I’ll definitely make time for today.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? I never do well on snacks, but I did plan ahead a little and picked up a favorite rice cracker mix. It’s great for long-term munching!
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m a lover of TV crime shows, simple literature, flavored potato chips, and Coca-Cola. I also dig movies. Or haven’t you heard? ;-)
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I got a little smarter this time (I hope) and selected a stack of shorter books for this readathon. In the past I tackled one longer novel and spent all my reading hours on that one title. I’m hoping the choice of shorter books will help me tally more time (and pages!) and will keep me more engaged in the wee hours of the 20s. Thanks so much to Shannon for her suggestions!
Alrighty then! Here we go!
Stay up-to-date by subscribing to phrenetical. Just click the FOLLOW button below, and you’ll receive every new post via email.