Readathon :: Mid-Event Survey!
- How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? Despite just beginning the actual reading portion of the Readathon (ahem), I’m already feeling tired and struggling with drowsy eyes. A nap is definitely in order if I want to continue through the night and get some reading (and cheering) done this year! Note to self: conquer the insomnia before October’s readathon. ::sigh::
- What have you finished reading? Nada. Zip. Not a single book or story or magazine or blog post. Lots and lots of blogging prep work, but not a bit of reading completed just yet. grrr
- What is your favorite read so far? I can’t list a favorite since I’ve only just begun, but I can say that my current read is still holding interest: Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson.
- What about your favorite snacks? While working toward the reading phase of this day, I set some home-cooked mac ‘n cheese to work in the slow cooker. It smells yummy, and I’ll be looking forward to such comfort food as the hours wear on through the night.
- Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! My blog visits will come in the last half when I start my hours of cheerleading, but I’m looking forwarding to checking out the blogs of those who have dropped by phrenetical today to encourage me (and many others who started following my blog!), including Kerri from Turn the Page Reviews, Kai from Fiction State of Mind, Janey Canuck and her 101 Things in 1001 Days Project, Bookish Ruth, CaroG, and The Book Monsters (hey, Kristen H!). Thanks, you guys! This is the biggest reason I committed to cheering this year: finding new bloggers and encouraging others in the way I’m encouraged each time I participate. The blogging and blog-hopping is really as much fun for me as the reading!