Fall Readathon 2012 :: Mid-Event Survey!
We’ve reached the midpoint of this Fall Readathon! While I’ve not yet found a good amount of steam, I’m happy to report that Cerella has successfully completed her first readathon with us! She met her expectations and looks forward to the next round in April. I admit, I’d love to have her around during the wee hours to come, but I’m so happy that she was finally able to devote a day to this event that I’ve come to love so dearly. And if all goes well, she’ll be back with more participants in the spring!
For myself, last night’s lack of sleep caught up with me, and I had to take a long nap. I had hoped to last into a late hour and then sleep with the normal people, but it appears that is still not my fate. I suppose it’s just not a readathon without reading through the night.
- How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I’m pulling myself out of a drowsy state after a hard 2-hour sleep, but my senses are starting to clear again. I’m hoping that’s a good sign!
- What have you finished reading? Alas, I’m only halfway through the same book I’ve been reading all day. Not for lack of trying and not because it’s a challenge. Just because my body began to fight me just when I started to hit a nice groove. ::sigh::
- What is your favorite read so far? Despite the lack of progress, I really am enjoying The Associate by John Grisham. It’s easy, and that’s something I really needed today.
- What about your favorite snacks? Ya know… I’ve not had a proper meal all day. Perhaps that’s part of what’s keeping me so loopy? Time to remedy that!
- Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! The one thing I do regret from today is not being able to blog hop. Maybe the night hours will bring more opportunity.
So here’s the tally so far for Cerella and myself. Hoping for a boon in the next 12 hours! (I’m not quite coherent enough yet to know if that even makes sense! Hmm…) Onward!
Currently Reading: The Associate by John Grisham
Total Pages Read So Far: 164
Total Minutes Spent Reading: 265
Soda Count: Not nearly enough to keep me awake!
Total Pages Read: 468
Total Minutes Spent Reading: nearly 720
Coffee Count: 3 cups of coffee, plus 1 cup of Harney & Sons Chocolate and Coconut Tea
Books Completed: Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll; 1 magazine issue
Books In Progress: A Brew to a Kill: A Coffeehouse Mystery by Cleo Coyle – 2/3 completed; Under Gemini by Rosamund Pilcher – 68 pages read
Snapshot From My Reading: This excerpt has me craving breakfast and coffee (at 5pm!)