September Listography | Day Nineteen
1. liver and any other kind of offal
2. nuts of any kind, including peanut butter
3. *oatmeal and most mushy foods like hominy, grits, applesauce, etc.
4. mushrooms, unless pulverized into bits that I don’t have to chew
5. bread pudding, tapioca (not really a big fan of puddings or custards in general — see #3)
6. cabbage, raw or cooked
7. sushi, any raw meat
8. **oysters, mussels, most any seafood that is eaten soft or raw or from a shell
9. tofu, hummus (anything with chickpeas)
13. beets, sweet potatoes, yams
14. olives, green or black, whole or sliced
15. broccoli, cauliflower, raw celery, cooked carrots that are sweet
16. cooked greens, cooked spinach
17. okra, cooked in any way
18. mayonnaise as a sandwich spread
19. cottage cheese
20. cheesecake, pumpkin pie, chess and buttermilk pies (the texture is huge issue for me)
21. mint combined with chocolate
22. wintergreen flavoring
23. licorice, gummy candies
24. coffee, toffee, and anything with malted milk
25. Jell-O, unless it’s packed so full of fruit that I get to chew on something (see #5)
This list really does go on and on, but these are the worst offenders.
* I don’t mind oats or applesauce mixed into other foods like breads or casseroles, but grits are just disgusting.
** I do love shrimp and scallops and crab and salmon, so long as they’re fully cooked.
My Listography was inspired by the site of the same name and list-maker extraordinaire Andrea at hulaseventy