a Saturday list
2. I was dreaming of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I’m not even sure I like carrot cake but now I won’t be able to release the thought until I have some. Stupid subconscious.
3. I blame this dream on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars. Stupid Food Network.
4. I can’t bring myself to say “Stupid cupcakes.” That’s just wrong.
5. My hair is so
6. This is not a good thing.
7. Although it is cooler, and that makes me less cranky.
8. All the white streaks I see in this photo make me more cranky. If you click the photo you can see the white streaks.
9. You don’t have to click the photo.
10. Stupid middle age.
11. Today is Paul Newman day on Turner Classic Movies. There goes my entire day.
12. Stupid TCM.
13. Not really. I love TCM. And Paul Newman. And Robert Redford.
14. The Sting is airing tonight.
15. There goes my night.
16. I compiled a new iPod playlist this week as a soundtrack to a story I’ve been developing for my girl Cerella. I don’t know if she’ll love the music as much as me, but she’ll love the emotional journey of it. We’re in sync like that.
17. There was a Christmas tree in my carrot cake dream last night.
18. There’s a Christmas tree in the Paul Newman movie on TCM right now. Coincidence? I think not!
19. Maybe if I keep dreaming of Christmas trees it will make the days seem cooler. It’s 7:58 in the morning and the temperature is 83 degrees. It will be at least 104° for a few days this week. It’s been that high for most of the month. But by week’s end they’re predicting highs of only 95°.
20. In Texas during August, that’s practically a cool front.
21. Ponder that for a moment.
22. And then reread number 11 and number 15.
23. Makes more sense now, doesn’t it?