5 things I love this week
May 31 – June 6, 2009
1. This quote by Stephen R. Covey: “We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.”
2. Water’s Edge 2009 Summer Bash, and the fact that you’re never too old for a slip-n-slide. (This is my beloved pastor in the video!)
3. The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency on HBO. Jill Scott is perfection as Precious Ramotswe, Anika Noni Rose as Mma Makutsi is better than I’ve ever seen her, and I have decided that their greetings of “Dumela Mma” and “coco!” are much sweeter than anything we have in the English language. I am instantly and absolutely in love with the series and its favorable views of the oft-overlooked quiet life in Africa.
4. The Cryptic Canvas, celebrating Empire Magazine’s 20th anniversary, and the fact that I got 44 of the 50 movie titles with no help at all! So proud to keep my Movie Geek badge! [Let me share two great hints: for the high-kicking cheerleaders, “Use the Force”, and when looking at the building of C’s, think in numbers.] It’s just such a great game!
5. The Cupcake Rodeo from Maker Faire in the Bay Area, California. I mean, seriously… is there anything better than confection on wheels?!
Posted on 6 June 2009, in Lists I Keep and tagged 5 things, Life Unabridged, movie geek, movies, seasons, spiritual journey, things to know about me, This Week I Love, tv junkie. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.