5 things I love this week
March 29 – April 4, 2009
1. World Autism Awareness Day.This is a subject so close to my own heart and the hearts of my family, and it is so important to learn just what autism is and how we can help. When autism was first mentioned to us, I immediately dismissed it as not pertaining to my family’s situation. There were no “typical” signs of the autism I knew and expected. What I didn’t realize is just how broad is the spectrum that encompasses autism. There are many, many levels and each child can be affected in a different way and with varying degrees. Our own experience is not typical but it is common, and it has been education that helped us see the differences and know how best to interact and teach. Learn more and be informed. Autism affects one in every 150 people, and chances are you know someone who is challenged in some way by autism. Thankfully, there is a lot we can do to help!
2. The jazzed feeling I get from being creative, even when I’m only tweaking someone else’s design. The website project I’m involved in has been such a creative boost, and that I’m working at all is such a blessing. I couldn’t ask for a better situation right now.
3. a newly discovered blog, The Hidden Seed. I am enamored by the writer and by the idea of trying on a new style each day. My favorite, thus far, is The Traveler. Since I was born with wanderlust, it just seems perfectly designed for me! And the fact that this charming woman conquered a battle with weight makes her all the more heroic to me. She’s a role model and an inspiration, and I look forward to her energy every single day.
4. a new Bond for a new era, including a new-style Bond girl and the indomitable Judi Dench bringing such class and humanity to M
5. The return of My Boys and the getting together of Bobby and PJ. So, so adorable! Not to mention the ridiculously hilarious mustache-growing contest of the male players and all the great jokes that allows. That the show is set in Chicago is just icing, allowing my heart to soar each week at the site of all those beloved locations. It doesn’t get better than this!
images from Amazon.com and TBS
Posted on 4 April 2009, in Lists I Keep and tagged 5 things, Asperger's Syndrome, for inspiration, Life Unabridged, movies, things to know about me, This Week I Love, tv junkie. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.