3 March 2011 1 Comment
I wish we could do what they do in Katroo
They sure know how to say “Happy Birthday to You!”
In Katroo, every year, on the day you were born
They start the day right in the bright early morn
When the Birthday Honk-Honker hikes high up Mt. Zorn
And lets loose a big blast on the big Birthday Horn.
And the voice of the horn calls out loud as it plays:
“Wake Up! For today is your Day of all Days!”
— Happy Birthday to You! Dr. Seuss
On this, my forty-second birthday…
• I am just over 5’6″
• I weigh 37% more than I should.
• I wear boots in the winter and sandals in the summer, and I’ve rediscovered blue jeans in a big way.
• I live in a second floor, 650-square-foot flat that is constantly in a state of flux and disarray.
• But I kinda dig it.
My current favorites include…
• Dinner: beef or pork tamales with queso (this never changes)
• Cold cereal: Cheerios mixed with Oatmeal Squares, or Froot Loops if I indulge
• Beverage: Coca-Cola, in large quantities
• Snack: fruit, when I’m good; barbecue chips, when I’m not
• Vegetable: squash, of all things
• Fruit: watermelon, cantaloupe, and navel oranges (with no seeds, please!)
• Colors: lime green; cerulean + chocolate
• Fragrance: fresh citrus aromas
• Day of the week: Thursday, because of the promise of Friday
• Movie (of the past year): Inception
• Songs: Somewhere With You by Kenny Chesney and Fast Car by Christian Kane
• Magazine: Entertainment Weekly
• TV shows: Leverage, Criminal Minds, and Top Chef
• Game: electronic Phase 10
• Activity: blogging and social networking, without a doubt
• Phrase: “Oh my gravy!” courtesy of the cowboys from The Amazing Race
Join me through the weekend as I continue to celebrate my birthday (and unbirthdays) with fun little lists about who I am at this moment in my life.